Saturday, January 29, 2005



I picked my spot in Pershing Park, a little park right in front of the Willard that occupies the corner where the parade turns. I parked on the grassy knoll that gave me a good view over the heads of the crowd and on a corner where I could see the parade pass on two sides. It would probably slow at the corner, giving me a long look.

It's almost a law in DC that whenever I pick a good spot to take a photo the police shoo me away. They chased us all off the grass but I got a good spot on the steps anyway.

Standing in Pershing Park, the crowd looks west down Pennsylvania Avenue South for the inauguration parade to march up from the Capitol. We all think we only have an hour to wait. We are not even close. This is DC, baby. Nothing starts on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home