Saturday, January 29, 2005


The actual inauguration took place at the Capitol at the top right of this map published in the Washington Post. At 2 PM, the inauguration parade was due to drive down Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House, hanging a hard right at the Willard Hotel, then left to come out in front of the giant reviewing stands in front of the White House.

I was hoping to get good photos of protestors making fools of themselves and studied the lengthy list of planned demonstrations to picke the best one. ANSWER, the Stalinist front group, was doing their thing near the beginning of the route at the Capitol. They roughed me up during one of their peace marches, so I thought they were the kind of idiots likely to do something Big and Stupid. Where ever the biggest idiots are, that's where I want to be. It's like my credo.

But I saw that there would be a die-in at Lafayette Park, in front of the White House, at 12:30 PM, so I thought I'd catch the little idiots first and do the big idiots later.

That was The Plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home